Red Oak (Quercus Rubra)
Pennsylvania, especially here along the Allegheny Plateau, is known worldwide for growing top quality Red Oak trees. This tree has been one of the largest and most important timber trees in America’s history. Various types of oaks in the Red Oak family, which grow locally are used for flooring; Northern Red Oak, Scarlet Oak, and Pin oak.
- It’s a classic American hardwood floor, but our R&Q Red Oak flooring is by no means ordinary.
- World renowned for its quality
- Beautiful tight grain patters
- Quarter Sawn figure will display the fleck, but more subtle than the White Oak
- Red Oak tends to have fewer knots than white oak.
- Natural Grade allows for color variation and knots
- Clear grade will be sorted for uniform color.
- 100% Rift only, 100% Quartered Only, Rift & Quarter sawn all available.
- Great floor for wide planks
- Janka – 1290