White Oak (Quercus Alba)
The White Oak tree is a symbol of strength and beauty, this is one reason the oak tree in general is America’s national tree. The white oak tree grows straight and to magnificent heights within the forest, and out in an open field it develops into massive broad-topped tree with large branches striking out at wide angels. White Oaks produce acorns which can lay dormant in the ground for up to 60 years waiting for the sunlight required to sprout. When the mature tree is harvested to create your floor it will open the canopy allowing sunlight to hundreds of new trees ready to grow.
White Oak Flooring Characteristics
- One of the most versatile options for flooring.
- Fits well in the most modern of homes to traditional and rustic homes.
- The flooring characteristics are just as strikingly beautiful as the tree itself.
- Dynamic grain patters and heavy quarter sawn flecks.
- Straight, uniform rift sawn grain
- Color consistent. All our flooring is produced by using local trees.
- The original Allegheny Live Sawn is white oak
- 100% Rift Only, 100% Quartered Only, or Rift & Quarter sawn available.
- Durable and stable floor. Good for wide planks.
- Clear or Natural Grades
- Janka Scale of hardness – 1360